Thursday 22 February 2018

Reflection on Assignment 2 Feedback


Reading through my feedback given by my assessor it has become apparent that my work lacks details and explanation.

I believe my weakest aspect of the assessment was the work connected to the ethical procedures, although completed and thought about my work lacked explanation within it. Heading forward I want to gather a better understanding of what is required in terms of ethics. Then when heading forwards with my work ensure that I am looking at ethics in consideration of how I shape my enquiry. 


My other weakness within this assessment I believe is the lack of definition in what I am exploring within my enquiry. This has then affected my clarity when looking at data collection methods and how I will use this information to find knowledge in my topic. But my Assessor did highlight a thought about my project which I think does require some further thought. 


"How would you counter the idea that the question does not seem to be so much about defining contemporary dance as the dichotomy of how competitions should engage with a dance form that by its nature resists definition?"


This has caused me to question where I want to place my enquiry and what I would like to explore further which will highly impact my enquiry. I am hoping that my meeting with Adesola will help to clarify this further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment